Like a Broken Vessel: Jeffrey R. Holland

I am sharing this video on my blog, because it really mean a lot to me.  I have been suffering from depression for the past few years.  At times it can be really bad, that I feel like I am in a pit of despair and can not get out of it.  I have had those thought of just ending it.  But the one thing that keeps me here, is that I am afraid that I would miss out on something really big.  And I would don't want to miss that.  But the sad thing is, that most people do not know that I am in this way.  If you were to ask me any day how I was doing, I would tell you that I am doing OK.  And for the most part that is a lie.  But I do not like people to feel sorry for me, so it is easy to lie about it. 

Elder Holland in his talk tells the story about Neilson's.  Stephine and Christian were in our ward at that time of the plane crash.  There was a lot of prays and fasting for her.  We had a special ward fast on Tuesday, and it was one of the most spiritual experience that I have ever had.

My depression as taking me to the brink of asking my, of my Heavenly Father.  No my faith my have wavered, I still pray to have the strength to make through my trying time.  And I hope this video will help understand what I go through in my silence.

Special note:  Thanks Gary for the message today after this talk.  It really touched my heart and I do understand that I do have people that do really care for me.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.