7 Years!

A few days ago, I was reminded that I started this blog 7 years ago.  It started out as a place I could relieve the pressure I was feeling in my head.  It was a suggestion from my friend Gary.   I have shared a lot about me, and still have a lot to share.  I have seen a lot of changes in that 7 years.  So here are a few.

  • This blog was started out in one of the tough times in my life.  I was getting divorced, losing  the house and losing the business that I had started with my dad.  Things did not get better for me until October 2014, when I finally got the job with the Airlines and found a good place to live.  
  • Got really sick in 2016, and was out of work for two months.  When I finally went home dragging an oxygen tank around.  It took a lot of hard work, but I was able to get off the oxygen 6 months later.  
  • After 23 years I started dating again, which was hard.  I found a few women that I really liked and thought it would lead to marriage.  Well, marriage has not happened as of yet, but I have found a good woman to love and who loves me.  I meet Alicia about  3 years ago.  I have lived with her and one of her brothers for the past 15 months, and we are still in love.  Hoping in he near future that she will be my wife. 
  • With getting off the oxygen, I needed to change my lifestyle all together.  Alicia has helped me with this from the beginning.  So after a lot of thought, I had weight loss Surgery on Dec 12, 2018.  I have lost almost 165 lbs since.  I don't know if I will lose any more weight, but I continue on the path.  All I can say is, I am much healthier than I have been in a long time.  I am now walking 2 an a half miles to 3 miles a few times a week.  I have people always remaking how different I look.  
  •  For the past 5 years I have been working for the airline.  I started there just working in sales.  With in a year I had the chance to move to another desk, where I have been for the past 4 year.  In November, I applied for an instructors position, and got it.  A few weeks ago, I taught my first full class.  Who knows where this will lead.
  • The past few years I have been able to travel again.  I was able to go up to Moab twice before Gracie died.  My first time using my flight benefits was Salt Lake City.  Since then I have flown to Boise, Santa Barbara, Portland, and Ireland.  This last year, I was able to go to Hawaii with Alicia and her family to celebrate her parents 50th wedding anniversary.
Well, this is just the highlights.  There has been a lot of stuff in my life the last 7 years.  Who knows what they the next 7 will bring.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.