Goodbye 25th Reunion.



About this time last week I was wondering if I was even going to go to my 25th Class Reunion.  I had just found out the night before that Kim was going.  I was going to go alone, but for her to show up was at the time just a little to much.  But then I told myself, why are you causing all of this drama, for nothing.  It is nothing I can change, so I decided to go.

I would like to say sorry to anyone that I got sick with my cold.  I did not want to miss this.  So again I am sorry.

I got there about 7:20 and I did not know what to expect.  I walked down the ramp and the first person I meet was Wende Foster.  She helped me find my name tag and gave me a big hug.  I walked down to the group of people and was greeted with K.C. Woolf announcing that I was there.  Went a round and shacked a  few hands.  Saw Robert Whipple, who I had not seen since the MTC.  We were on the same top floor of the dorms at the MTC and had a great time there.  And I meet Seth and Aaron Huber's sister who was of the class of 1989, who has a daughter serving in Belfast right now on her mission.

The dinner bell had rung and we went up and got beans, a potato, a roll, and beef brisket .  The food was good.  I eat dinner with Carl Crawford and his wife, Heidi Rehis Baker and her husband, Kim and Aaron Huber, and Rex Williams.  It is funny, I had gone to Junior High School and High with Heidi, Kim and Rex.  It was great to hear what everyone was doing and about there families. One of the funny or interesting facts that I learned that night was that I was Heidi's first friend on Facebook.

I did get ask by a few, who do not see me on Facebook or this blog, and ask what I am doing with my life.  It was a bit hard to explain that I was getting a divorce to someone that was there.  But I did OK.

I talked with Amy, (sorry I can not remember you last name) and she talked about having a picture of me and her on a beach in Hawaii.  At that time I did not remember, but as the night went on I did remember.  It sucks to get old, because I do not have a lot of  memories of the trip and for  someone to have a picture of me is a shock.   I am like Big Foot, it is hard to get a picture of me.

I spent most of my night talking to Bruce Baker, Heidi's husband, and Aaron Huber.  It was fun talk to the both of them.  Bruce is from Boston, but served his Mormon Mission here.  Aaron served his mission in Ireland, but came home in May of 1988.  He meet Kim and they were married Oct 8th, 1988.  The funny thing is, that they were living in my ward at the time and were probably at my farewell.  But we know a lot of the same people, some of the same missionaries and we think we lived in the same flats.

I am still the shy person that I was back then.  I did not really talk to a lot of people, unless they engaged me first.  at times I just do not know what to talk about.  But it is funny how many people do know you.  So sorry if I was not more social, that is just how I am.  But I did see a lot of people I knew and I did talk to most of the people that I want to talk to.

I did have fun.  I wanted to go see a lot of people that I remember from the pass.  From a time when life was good.  I am looking forward the 30th Reunion.





 

Comments

  1. so glad you went....and from the sounds of things, I bet you're glad you went too! Proud of you......I know it must have been hard.....but sounds like a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.