Continental Divide

I was flipping through the channels the other day when I came across the movie Continental Divide.   I think this is a movie that we saw at the old Pioneer drive-in.  And I think it was one that my mom picked.  It stared John Belushi and Blair Brown.  It was PG and billed as a romantic comedy.  It is about a Chicago Newspaper Writer, who is know for his hard nose reporting style, and he goes and does a story on an eagle expert, who is Blair Brown.  Which he falls in love with. 

For me, I feel that this was one of John Belushi's best roles of his short career.  We all know the Belushi from Saturday Night Live, and from the Blues Brothers and Animal House.  But this was some what a different role for him.  Yes he was the comedy in this movie, but he was also the leading man, with no side kick to play off of.  I think this really showed, that he was not just a comedian, but he truly was an actor.  And a pretty good one.  But sadly this was his last film before he died in March 1982. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.