One of my Favorite T.V. Shows

As I sit here watching English Football on my t.v., I have some what hit a writers block.  I was trying to work on some topics that I have started before, but some take some research on when things happened, and trying to work on past fun vacations, brings up some hurt feelings of how life is going on now.

So I left the computer and went in to watch t.v.  Summer t.v. watching is not that greatest.  ABC brought us Zero Hour, which I think was just a summer filler show, but I would like to see it continue.  And CBS has given us Under the Dome.  I have no idea where this is going, but I would like some answers before some suits cancel it.

But I can watch almost anything on t.v.  I have surprised a lot of people when they find out that I like one program and just don't get another, like Sinfeld.  But then again I had a few friends that thought my favorites movies were way off.  I would not make a good t.v. critic, because I can just sit and watch total crap, except Honey Boo Boo.

So last night, I was sitting there, trying to get myself motivated to fix dinner.  So I was just flipping through the channels when I came across an old favorite.  A show that has brought me laughter and tears.  One that was on when I was a boy and could not watch until my bed time had changed.  I had found my old friend MASH on.

For me MASH is one of those shows that I could watch for hours.  I even have the complete DVD set of the show.  But I do love this show.  I cried when Henry Blake's character was written off the show and he was killed on his way home.  When Radar went home and left his teddy bear with Hawkeye.  I laughed at the many pranks they pulled on Frank Burns.  The show ran longer than, I think 7 years, the war it was depicting, the Korea War.

I loved every main character that they had, even though they had three of them leave before the end of the show, there replacements were just as good.  But Alan Alda's, Hawkeye, was my favorite.  He would the edge of sanity, and by the end they did put him in the crazy house.  But he got out in the end.  The end of the show was one of those that made me cry.  To see everyone go off there separate ways.  It left  me wondering if they every had a reunion (I mean the characters) and it was a happy one.  And I was glad that they did not kill off anymore character in the end.

I have more favorites.  But MASH has always stuck with me.  I don't know if it was because of the characters or if it was because was set in war time.  But I am glad to know that it is on TV Land and I can watch again from time to time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.