Vacations: Kim's Birthday Surprise

In 1999, I wanted to do something special for Kim for her birthday.   So I had planned a vacation the weekend after her birthday.  I had made all the plans a few weeks in advance.  The Thursday before, I went and order some flowers and put on the card, "Hurry home after work because we have to pack and get on a plane."  And had them delivered to her work.  So she got home and packed and headed to the airport to catch a plane to Los Angles.  Kim now knew we were going to California, and LA, but not really where we were going. 

We land in LA and pick up our rental car.  And I start my drive down the freeway.  Kim still not having a clue were we were going.  I get off the freeway and turn into the Disneyland Hotel.  Where we are going to stay for two night. 

Before we left, I went to the Disney Store and bought tickets for the park those days.  The added bonus in staying at the Hotel, was that we got to get in early.  So we went over and rode the Indiana Jones ride before everyone.  the nice thing about having a hotel room so close, is that we could get on the mono-rail and ride over to the hotel when ever we wanted.  We left about mid day and took a nap and exploded the grounds of the Hotel.

We went back that night.  At that time they were building California Adventures, so you could see some of what they were building from the mono-rail.  We went back and road some more rides and I think we were there when the park closed.

We got up the next day and wentk back for a few hours.  Got in our car and drove to the airport and came home.  I think this was the biggest thing I did for any birthday.

Comments

  1. How fun. I bet it's a birthday she'll never forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet, my sister Kim loves Disneyland. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.