My Trip to Seattle: July 29 to July 31 Part 1

July 29
The day was kind  of a off day.  Del Mar had promised a friend, that he would help put in some flooring at his house.  So Del Mar went to his friends, Emily went to her sisters, and I stayed at Richard's watching movies all day.
 
Downtown Seattle
July 30
Last day at Richard's  The plan for the day is to meet Del Mar and the family down at  Mukilteo Beach.  Me, Richard, and his kids drove down and meet Del Mar at the Ivar's there.  We then took our fish and chips down and ate them at the park near the light house.  There I talked with Richard about life, realizing that I should have talked to him about this stuff the day before.  But the setting was great.  It was a nice cool day, the wind blowing off the  Ocean, watching the ferry, and the boats and ships moved through the water.  Victoria wanted to take home some sea weed, but was vetoed by her dad.
I don't know how long we were there, but it was a great time.  Had some good fish, and some clam chowder,  nice time talking with friends and family.  We made our way back to Sarah's for the night. 

Seattle Sky line with Space Neddle
Del Mar went back to finish up the floor and I played Phase 10 with Kathy (Emily's mom), Sarah, Emily, and Victoria.  Guess who won the game. 

July 31
Pike Place Public Market
This was a busy day.  We made it out of Sarah's around 1.  We stopped and got Hamburger and fries at Dick's.  Then we drove to down town Seattle.  Our adventure there starts at Pike Place Public Market.  Del Mar dropped me and Jr. at the bottom of the Market and we slowly walked our way up to the top.

As we rounded the corner we saw this street perform who looked like a bronzed statue that had been sitting outside for years.  He was pretty good.  He never broke character the 20 to 30 minutes that we watched him.  He would stand still on his crate and people would pass by not knowing that he was alive.  He would give a little jump and would scare the passer byes.  I thought he was really good, so I gave him a two dollar tip .


Street Performer
The Kids in front of the Gum Wall
The Gum Wall







Everyone finally caught with us.  Del Mar had stopped by a Bavarian Meats shop and bought  Landjaeger.  It was really spicy, but really it the spot at the time.  We took the elevator down to one of the lower levels where we found the gun wall.  I guess it started in 1993 and became a regular tourist attraction in 1999.  Funny thing is, now I have been to the top two germist tourist attractions in the world.  The first being the Blarney Stone in Ireland (Sorry Kim).

We made our way back up to the top level and found the place were they throw the fish.  We had to wait about 5 minutes for someone to buy a fish.
Guy throwing a fish

See the fish in the air!  It is right of the pole.

Fish being caught left of the pole.
This was also the place were the first Starbuck's was started.  I really did not care, so I do not have a picture of the First Starbuck's.  Sorry Starbucks fans.  

My knees were hurting me, so me, Jr., and Del Mar head down the market to the park that was at bottom, as the women continued to shop just a little more.  It was interesting to sit there and watch the people walk by.  I would try to guess what they did as jobs.  We even saw a pirate.  But one of the things we notice sitting there was that some of the people were smoking pot opening.  It is legal there.  We finally all got caught up again and heading our different ways.  Jr. and Victoria were going to stay at Neal's, so me and Del Mar were going to take them there.

The park at the Bottom of Pike Place Market
Ferry heading out.  Olympic Mountains in the back ground.

Looking down at the Pier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.