My Trip to Seattle: July 31 to August 2 Part 2 (Really Part 3 but who is counting)

I told you this was a Busy day.

July 31

Del Mar's plan was not to go straight to his brothers (Over the objects of Victoria), but to show off some more sights.

The Tree lined Road on the Campus of U. of Washington.
The first place he took me was the University of Washington.  We turn onto this tree lined road, and he tells the guard that we are just driving through. I had only been on just a hand few of college campus here in the United States, namely Brigham Young and Arizona State which I graduated from.  It was a beautiful campus.  The architecture (Sorry for no captions on the pictures below.  I had no idea where I was or what the names of the building or field of study they belong too.) of the building, really made you feel like it was a college from back east. I was really impressed.  Really made ASU look like a dump.  But this little trip through the campus really got Jr. (who is in his Junior year of High School) excited about going to college, and maybe choose to got here for college.

Fountain



We left the campus of the the U of Washington and started travel the streets of Seattle.  Del Mar want to show me this express lane for carpooling that went under the city and under the bridge.  It  was pretty cool.  Pretty soon I found that we were back on the road that we started off on that day.  The road that had Dick's on it.  No one had a clue where he was taking, us or what we would see next.  This did not .make Victoria happy.

August 1
The Troll Under the Bridge.
After driving around for a few minutes, we found ourselves under the bridge we took to get to down town.  He turned up a street and here sat a huge concrete statue of a Troll.  This is the Troll Under the Bride.   I think that Victoria was impressed with this.

We were off on our little adventure again, not knowing were Del Mar was going to take us.  We start to cross the river that links Lake Union to Puget Sound, when were stopped by a draw bridge.  As we are waiting, I could see the mast of two sail boats pass through the opening.  
Draw Bridge
The Bridge comes down, and we cross it heading up Queen Anne Hill.  Del Mar was looking for the park, but he could not remember how to get there.  But we got this Beautiful Picture.
Seattle Sky Line from Queen Anne Hill
Del Mar found his way off of Queen Anne Hill and we drove by the Pier, Century Link Field were the Sea Hawks play, and Safeco Park were the Mariners play.  And we are off to Neal's to drop the kids off and back to Sarah's we go.

August 1

We got up late this day. Dalton and Rachel had talked Kathy into taking them to a movie.  Sarah and Emily went off to shop and the boys were left to play games on our phones.  We had pizza and head off to spend our last night with Neal.

Neal talked us into watching a movie called "Searching for the Sugar Man."  It was not bad.  It is about a man who was a musician in late 60's to early 70's, who never made it big in States, but over in South Africa he was bigger than Elvis.  Well they find him, his goes and does a concerts in South Africa and some other countries as well.  

Time to go to bed, and the boys are playing video games in Spencer's room.  I did not want to end there fun, so I slept on a couch downstairs.  It was not a bad couch, and I had a good nights rest.

August 2

Our last day in Seattle.  We all got up late.  my alarm went off at 7, but I went back to sleep, and woke up at 9.  We had promise to meet Emily's Family and Richard at a place called Acropolis for lunch at 11.  We also had to get me to the Airport in Eastern Washington by 6:15.  So we rushed to get ready and said our goodbye to Neal and his family.  

We make it to the Acropolis and all of Emily's family was there.  I had a wonderful Roast Beef Sandwich.  Richard Family came and we visited with them for a moment.  We needed to get back on the road.
The Seattle Temple

As well started our drive off to Eastern Washington, Del Mar knew that one of the things I wanted to see in the Area, was the Seattle Temple.  So we stopped for a few minutes and took some pictures.  I think Del Mar said that is where him and Emily were married?   And we are back on the road.



The drive was interesting.  We always talk about how diverse the landscape is in Arizona.  This can be said of Washington as well.  As you leave the coast and move into the Cascade Mountains, you come out on the other side where it is ripe for farm land.  This is were we stopped at a fruit stand and got some stuff to eat.  I got a Dark Cherry Cream Soda.  

We leave this area, and enter a desert like area.  We make it to Pasco where I am catch my flight home, around 5:30.  I say my goodbyes.  Dalton came out and gave me a hug.  I walked in and there was no one at check in.  They finally came at about 5:45 and said that I needed to hurry because I might not make it on the plane.  Good thing this was a small airport, because if it wasn't, I would have never made it through security.  I and trying to get redressed, and thinking, I hope I do not have to call Del Mar.  he is on his way to Boise.  But I made it on the plane at 6:00.

The flight home was good, and my dad picked me up from Williams Gateway.  I had a really good time with all that I was able to meet.  I am very thankful for the kindness of others, letting me crash the family activities.  I know there is still a lot that I did not see, and maybe that is for another trip for another time.  This was my first trip with friends, and it was very enjoyable.

My only regret is my photography work.  I am not the person that really likes to take pictures of people.  I love landscapes.  But I should have had more pictures of the people I meet and more of Del Mar and his Family.  This is something I need to work on.  I guess that is why they called me to be the ward photographer. 

And again, I look forward to seeing Seattle again in the Future!

Comments

  1. Nice scenic view.Looks like you had fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.