My Movie Star Dad

So last Saturday I was flipping through the channels and came across Used Cars.  This movie has a special place in my heart because I remember when it was filmed here in Mesa, in 1979.  Most everyone went down to get into the movie some how, and they had a lot of large crowd scenes.  But one night they needs some people to play certain roles in the file.  That might my dad was chosen to be one of three FBI agents.  He said the hardest thing was that the Actor Gerrit Graham was so funny that he had them laughing all the time.  To set up the scene, They have just hacked the Presidential Speech and the FBI is there to investigate what happened.

Because my parents had signed up to be extra in the film, they were put on a list.  And were called to do another movie.  They were also called to do commercial, and one time they took use along and got all of use in a Visa commercial, that I never saw.  They filmed it at Sky Harbor Airport and we worked half the day and got paid $50 each and all the donuts we wanted.  The bonus was I got to miss half a day of school.

Thanks to Dave Riddle for uploading this on YouTube.

Comments

  1. I couldn't even tell which one was our Dad....don't recognize him without gray hair.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.