So last Saturday I was flipping through the channels and came across Used Cars. This movie has a special place in my heart because I remember when it was filmed here in Mesa, in 1979. Most everyone went down to get into the movie some how, and they had a lot of large crowd scenes. But one night they needs some people to play certain roles in the file. That might my dad was chosen to be one of three FBI agents. He said the hardest thing was that the Actor Gerrit Graham was so funny that he had them laughing all the time. To set up the scene, They have just hacked the Presidential Speech and the FBI is there to investigate what happened.
Because my parents had signed up to be extra in the film, they were put on a list. And were called to do another movie. They were also called to do commercial, and one time they took use along and got all of use in a Visa commercial, that I never saw. They filmed it at Sky Harbor Airport and we worked half the day and got paid $50 each and all the donuts we wanted. The bonus was I got to miss half a day of school.
Thanks to Dave Riddle for uploading this on YouTube.
One of the games that the mind likes to play, when we are down, is the what if game. It makes us wonder what would are world be like if we had taken a different path. And I have a few what ifs. Before my mom died about 10 years ago, she told me that after moving back to the States, they almost did not move to Chattanooga, Tennessee. At the time, there were a lot of race riots happening, and this was happen in Chattanooga. Her parents wanted her to move to Boise, Idaho. So I wonder what it would have been like to grow up in Boise, not the South? Would my life be completely different? Would we have ever moved to Arizona? What if I had not change my mind and gone to BYU and not Arizona State? Would I be working for the Government? Would I be working to make real changes to our Government? What if I had called the girl of my dreams, when she gave me her number? Would I have married my ex wife? What if I would have meet my gi...
In 1999, I wanted to do something special for Kim for her birthday. So I had planned a vacation the weekend after her birthday. I had made all the plans a few weeks in advance. The Thursday before, I went and order some flowers and put on the card, "Hurry home after work because we have to pack and get on a plane." And had them delivered to her work. So she got home and packed and headed to the airport to catch a plane to Los Angles. Kim now knew we were going to California, and LA, but not really where we were going. We land in LA and pick up our rental car. And I start my drive down the freeway. Kim still not having a clue were we were going. I get off the freeway and turn into the Disneyland Hotel. Where we are going to stay for two night. Before we left, I went to the Disney Store and bought tickets for the park those days. The added bonus in staying at the Hotel, was that we got to get in early...
I was over at my friends house when is 7 year old son comes up to me and ask,"Bill are you happy with your life?" I was shocked where did this come from? How do you tell a 7 year old that you are not happy and then he ask why? His dad looked at him and asked him how he could ask a question like that. But is it so effuse that a 7 year old knows that I am not happy with my life. I don't like people know my problems. Maybe this is one to come back too.
I couldn't even tell which one was our Dad....don't recognize him without gray hair.
ReplyDelete