Songs that have meaning for Me.

I have been listening to my playlist that I have on ITunes.  I have a lot of different taste.  Kim always thought that I did not like country but I do have a lot of country on my play list.  A lot of it is really depressing and find myself crying. But I do find that some of these song do have some mean to me and my life.  So here are a few and what they mean to me, or what memories they bring up.
 
Rock Lobster by the B-52's:  Even though my friend Del Mar hates this song, it reminds me of all the church dances I went to when I was 15 to 18.

Devil Inside by INXS:  This was the cassette that played in my Chevelle my senior year.  Just reminds me of cruising around in a cool car.

Freexe-Frame by The J. Geils Band:  My mom was really into bowling in the early 80's and this was the music they played on ABC Sports when bowling was on.

You be Illin"  By Run-DMC:  This was one of the songs they used for our skit for Homecoming  my Junior Year in High School.  I worked on everything that year for Homecoming, but did not get to see the game and did not go to the dance.

Should have been a Cowboy by Toby Kieth:  As a kid I did not dream of becoming President, a police officer, or fireman, but I did dream of owning a ranch and just riding a horse rounding up cattle.

Red, Red, Wine by UB40:  OK. I have never had a drink in my life, but this song take me back to working for a landscape company the summer of 1988, before my mission.  Just seemed like it was always on the radio.

The Theme from The Dukes of Hazzard by Waylon Jennings:  Back in the early 80's Friday night and CBs was must see T.V., with the line up of Dukes of Hazzard, Dallas, and Danstacy.  I remember watch Dukes and Dallas with the Family.

Our House by Madness:  Reminds me of my friend Derek Wilson.  He got me into this group and I have loved there sound forever.  Wish I could reconnect with him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.