My Trip to Seattle: July 25 to July 28

I am not a person that keeps a journal, so I used the notes on my phone to keep track of what happened on my trip to Seattle.  So with the words and my pictures, with a little help of Del Mar Dial.  Here is my trip.
Mt. Rainer from the plane.
July 25
Our trip started out on July 25, when we caught a flight out of Mesa/ Gateway Airport.  I was traveling with my friend Del Mar who had taken his family up there a few weeks earlier.  Del Mar is from the Seattle Area, and his is Wife's family is from there as well.  As we flew into the  Seattle Area, Del Mar pointed out to me Mt. Hood, Mt Adams, and Mt. Rainer.  I had No Idea, that Mt. Rainer was so massive.  He also point out to me Mt. Saint Helens.  For me, I always thought that when it erupted in 1980, that it eruption was on the south side, but as I learned from my flight that it was on the north.  We were to far away to get a good picture that day.

Emily picked use up at the airport in Bellingham.  As we were driving down the freeway, I start seeing all these little coffee stands that say, "Sexy or Lingerie".  After seeing about 5 of them I had to ask.  I was told that Washington past a law some years ago, that women serving coffee would wear close to nothing.  I was also told that for a good tip, you could also get to see a little more.  I never got to experience that.

We got to Sarah's house (Emily's sister) in Silver Lake.  We stayed there for awhile and me and Del Mar moved on to his Friends Richards house to stay the night.  I was lucky to get a room with a bed.  That was one of the best sleeps, that I have had in a while. 

July 26 
We got up and Richard prepared a breakfast fist of eggs with steak and cheese, sausage, and bacon. We spent a few hours sitting around and just chatting before we were of to Dillon's.  This is where I experienced one thing that Del Mar hates about the Seattle Area.  The Traffic.  I had never seen traffic like this.  We would get on one highway or another freeway and it seemed like it got worse  than what we had left.  We finally got to where we need to go, and Del Mar sees a sign for one of the places he had been talking up for years, Ivar's.  I was excited to see the Sizzler.

 Ivar's makes fish and chips.  So Del Mar got us a 3 piece and we sat there and ate it.  It was OK, but they had fried the breading to long that the vinegar could not soak through the fish.  But it was not all that bad.  
Lake Alder
About an hour later we made it to Dylon's.  We got there and there was Emily and the kids, Kathy (Emily's Mom) and Sarah's family.  We were there for about half an hour when it everyone got excited about going to the lake.  We were told the lake was just down the road, but it was another half hour drive.  We got to the lake.  The kids jumped right in, as well as Kathy.  Dylon had brought some rafts to float in so he had one for the kids and one for Sarah.  Me, Del Mar Sr., Del Mar Jr., and Bret (Sarah's husband), did not get into the water.  About a half hour later we had to leave and head back to the Seattle area to meet up with Neal, Del Mar brother.  


Mt. Rainer from Clear lake.
Mt Rainer is large like I said, and it really is a dominant fixture on the landscape.  On our way back to Seattle we could not help but stop a few times to get a few pictures of the landscape.

We got to Neal's and Del Mar and his middle son had to rush off to a fitting for Dalton.  We where there for Dalton's Baptism.  Neal got back and made this amazing Thia noodle dish.  After dinner we got into a pretty good Trivia Pursuit game with Neal, Tiffany (Neal's wife) and there Uncle Dick.  It was me, Del Mar, Dick's wife and Emily.  We played until 1:30 in the morning.

July 27 
Del Mar and Dalton in the Baptismal Clothes.
Saturday came and the main plan for the day was Dalton's Baptism.  Before that Del Mar went with Neal to Costco to get some food for the party after.  The program was Del Mar Jr. gave a talk on Baptism, Victoria and Annalisa  sang a song as well as Rachel, a cousin.  Neal gave a talk on the Holy Ghost.

Del Mar and Dalton, with his new scriptures.
After the Baptism, we took some pictures with some of the family that came and then head back to Neal's for the Party.  It was the standard party fair of Hamburgers and Hot Dogs.  The girls that it would be funny to hide the ketchup and mustard.

July 28
Sunday for me there was exciting, because I got to experience church in a different place.  Neal's ward meet at 11, so we were out the door just 10 minutes before it started.  We got there and I had 3 or five people ask if I was related to Neal, and most of them put 2 and 2 together and knew I was there fro the Baptism.  It was cool to see that this was a lot smaller ward than what we have in Mesa.  The talks were about Pioneers, since it was a few days past the 24th, a Mormon Holiday, know as Pioneer Day.

We left after Sacrament, because the van had developed a leak in the radiator.  So we went to find a radiator and replace it.  We found one and Del Mar and Neal  put it in an hour.

After the repair we were off to stay with Richard again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.