My 45th Birthday

As you get older, the Birthdays really do not mean that much anymore.  I think once you reach 25 you don't really have parties for the birthday until it is the big ones.  Like 30, 35,40 and so on.  So for me I did not really want to turn 45.  As I look at my life, I am no where were I thought I would be.

But all that being said, it was not a really bad day.  The way things works out, everyone in my families birthday this year, falls on a Sunday. So being a person who is religious and tries to keep the Sabbath Day holy.  I did not take advantage of the free stuff for the day.  I got up and went to church. 

I talked to my sister a few days before.  She was going to be up in Heber with some friends for the week and also visit my Mother's grave.  It was OK, because we made plans for the next weekend.  My dad also called and went to visit him this morning.

After church I went over an visited with my ex wife's sisters family.  Had a good time visiting with them, and watch the end of "Never Been Kissed."  I don't see them that often, so it was really a good time.

Came home, and my roommates ordered pizza.

Dalton's Birthday card
I was invited over to my friend Del Mar's and his families house for a steak dinner.  This was fun, and I really love interacting with his family.  I can always could on Dawson to come and look for my phone, so he can watch Pixars "Presto".  He will sit next by me and watch it 2 to 5 times.  He has learned to start it over by himself.  Dalton will always come up and give me a hug.  I know he will get a little older and stop the hugs, so I have to Cherish this moments now.  And there is always the interesting question.  Don't remember what it was this time, but he ask you a right to the point question.  And Junior, the lost teenager, wanted my opinion on his mom's opinion that he should date more than just one girl.  I told him, I was not the one to ask, but it was up to him what he wanted to do.

Dinner was great.  Steak, corn on the cob, and a bake potato.  The high light was when I tried a raspberry.  Wow, a lot a seeds, and did not taste like I thought it would.  We finish the night off with watching a few "The Office" and Butter Pecan Ice Cream.

I was thankful for all the Birthday wishes on Face book.  I did get a few gifts of cash, which is good, I need some money.  I am going out with my sister this weekend for lunch and a movie.  But the best gift of all, was from Dalton.  Dalton felt bad that he did not get me a gift.  He did not find out it was my birthday until that day.  So he went to his room and made me a birthday card.  That was the best gift of the day.

So I am another year older.  It has been a ruff 6 years.  Let hope this next year brings me some luck and prosperity. 

Comments

  1. I haven't checked any blogs in forever...........so I'm going to start reading yours again.....if I can remember to ck it.....I'm an old lady you know and can't remember crap!! Glad you had a Happy Birthday........you are so lucky....you have some mighty good friends there, Billy Close!! I ♥ you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev, you know how to bring a tear to my eyes. Thanks you!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.