My Tuesday Night

Last night was a little weird.  I got a call from my friend Del Mar, to come over.  This was about 7 PM. So I get there and he tells me a friend and church member from my old ward (Lazona), Ben Miali had been burned that day, over 85 percent of his body, and that he was not expected to live very long.  While still there, I got a text from my ex wife, say that he had died a few hours ago.

When I left the ward back in January, Ben was an instructor in Elders Quorum.  He would admit that he was not that well versed in the gospel topics, but he really did well at teaching them. When the call went out that I need help moving things into storage, he was there on a Saturday, but also on Sunday, with a smile on his face.  Boy that is what I will miss, is that smile.  I am glad that he has past that onto his kids.

I stayed and Help Dalton with half of his home work.  Dalton considers me is Best Adult Friend. And with the friendship comes some interesting questions from a nine year old.  I am only honest with him and never lie to him.  This time he ask me if I ever wanted a child.  And my reply was yes.  He some how always ask me  the questions about things in my life that I struggle with.  With the way things are going, I will never be a father.  But then again, who knows.

The last thing there was Dawson. He did not want to go to sleep.  So he was out bugging his parents and really winy.  So I pulled out my phone and turned on Presto.  Almost every time I am over there, he has to watch it 3 or 4 times, and usually he is setting right next to me.  He has even learned how to start it over, all by himself, which he proudly shows us.  A lot of times he can fall to sleep watching it over and over again.  But not tonight.  Del Mar had to go put him down.

I always love going to the Dail's and love interacting with all the kid, even though Vic hides in her room most of the time, and Jr. is on the computer, it is still fun, allegedly (Del Mar Jr. will get that if he reads this).  My prayers are with the Miali family and there lost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.