Alma 7:23

Since the beginning of the year I have been reading The Book of Mormon. Some mornings it is just reading.  Sometime I come across things that make me ask question, nothing really faith challenging, but question.  If I say Dragons some will understand.  And then there are the ones that will stay with you and mean something to you forever.  This happened to me this morning while reading Alma 7 verse 23.

This is Alma the Younger's mission as High Priest, to the City of Gideon.  He is preaching to the people about the coming of Christ.

Alma 7:23

23 And now I would that ye should be ahumble, and be bsubmissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.

This really hit me hard about Prayer.  Sometimes the things we need, we think we need them right now, but the Lord does not see it that way.  It takes a lot of patience and long-suffering sometimes waiting for that answer.  I can testify that this happened to me this week. 

I have been praying for a long time for a need.  I did at times feel like giving up, that maybe what I was asking for was not right, or that the answer was, that I really did not need it.  But after a long wait my prayers were answered.  This a temporal need.

The only thing I could think of after know that this prayer was answered was, thanking God for finally answering my prayers.  Sometimes we learn having to wait.  I am very grateful to have my prayers and, and am glad to say that God does answer prayers, and that sometimes we should not give up in waiting for an answer.

Comments

  1. I Love this. Your Testamony is powerful. As a special friend i Would like to talk to you further on What you received Revelation on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill I am proud of you man. You are a good man and I know has inspired folks to be more then who they are. I am so sorry for the pain you have been through. As a Dad if you had been my son I would have been very proud of the man you are and like the Phoenix have risen from the ashes! IDM always!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.