My Father

This Father's Day is  little bit different for me this year.  I have had a falling out with my dad and he does not really want me around.  He sees me as someone who is ungreatful and lazy.  I just want a father to love me for who I am.  But I do not think that is ever going to happen.

My dad did not have an easy life.  When my dad was born in 1947, both of his parents were older.  I know that him and his father did not get along.  He told me at one time he had gone out and bought a car and was going to fix it up.  His father did not approve so he went and sold the car.

It did not get any easier when he joined the Air Force, and while stationed at Mountain Home, in Idaho, he meet my mom.  Before he was being transferred to Germany.  He decided to marry my mother, and also change his religion.  His parents flew out and and stopped the wedding.  But lucky they were married a week later.

Growing up my dad worked in the loan department for a bank, worked in real estate.  But he also kept up with working on cars.  Mostly Porsches.  Then my mom's father died and we moved to Arizona.  In Arizona he profided for his family by working as  a car sales man, owning his on company making A.C. Cobra's, working on cars from home and finally as the fleet manager at Riggs Plumbing.

As a child growing up, I do not remember my father coming to any of my school stuff.  He did get me a go-cart when I was 12 that allowed me to go racing.  The one of the only times I have seen him cry was when he brought me home hurt from racing.  Again, at 18, he gave me a nice car, my 1969 Chevelle.  It was the car that I drove my senior year.

When things got ruff at work, he let me sale some parts online.  Then when I lost my job, He let me set a company around a transmission conversion kit that he made for Triumphs.  This help keep me live for 5 years.

My dad has many faults and this is the cause of some of our problems.  But I am not going to talk about them here.  I do love my father.  I really miss our family make up when my mom was alive.  But we could not keep that together.  We all have different lives from then.  I know that my father will not read this, but maybe his wife will.  I hope he has a good Father's Day.

Comments

  1. Great story Bill.You're lucky your dad is alive and you can still hug & kiss him.You should call him or go see him.My dad died & up in Heaven.......... : ( .......so I'm unable to do all of that this fathers Day.Father's Day is a sad time for my siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there has never been any hugs or kisses from my dad. It is going to take time for both of us to heal, and for now, it is better that I just stay away, until he lets me back into his life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.