Could I be the next J.K, Rowling?

I read the other day on Facebook, that a guy from my last ward has written a book.  I really don't know what it is about, but it is a fictional book, and it is a series.  I have always wondered if I could write a book and what would it be about.  I did some manuals for my business, but writing something that could be contained in over 200 pages, I don't know.

When I read, it is usually non fiction, something about history or a biography.  I would not know where to start.  Maybe I should write about politics?  Talking with my friend Del Mar, we talked about how bad politics has gotten, and that George Washington was a very principal man.  And that most Presidents until Franklin Roosevelt never served more than 2 terms of office.  Here is the idea of the topic, what was the thinking of Roosevelt at the time.  Was he just seeking political power, or was it just for the good of the country.  If he had not died near the end of World War Two, would he have ran for a fifth term?

I don't know if I would makes a good fictional writer.  growing up I spent a lot of time playing with my cars and army men.  When I got a little older, I was playing Dungeon and Dragons, and then organizing my baseball card collection.  I don't think I have a good imagination.  I think that a good topic, would be something about racing.  Having raced for 7 years, I have somewhat an insight of building, maintaining, and racing a car.  How do you turn the excitement of a race into a fictional adventure?

Maybe my thing is just blogging.  Sticking to the topics that mean the most to me and not trying to search for things that are not there.  Maybe my adventure is contained in the brief words I share here.  But I don't think I could write something as big as a book.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.