Movie List: Part II

List number 2!

The Ten Commandments (1956) Poster11. The Ten Commandments (1956):  Just like It's s Wonderful Life reminds you of Christmas time, nothing says Easter than the Ten Commandments.  A movie I have to watch every year at this time.  Thank You ABC.  But what an epic movie. 

12.  A Christmas Carol (1951):  Another movie that it is not Christmas with out watching this.  This is my favorite version of the story.  We have Patrick Stewart, George C. Scott, Jim Carey, Bill Murray, and Micheal Cain all to Ebenezer Scrooge.  But Alastair Sim, is the best of them all.

13. Talladega Nights:  The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006):  When it comes to Will Ferrell, it is a toss up if Talladega Nights or Anchorman is my favorite.  This has the edge every time.  From him running around in his underwear praying to Tom Cruise, or to him being trained to come back to racing by is estranged father.  Then there is the quotes.  "  You ain't First, than your are last."  and "I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew."

14. Smokey and the Bandit (1977):  OK, I know this movies is about taking illegal Beer across state lines.  But man, who did not want that Hot Trans-Am and to talk on a CB radio. 

15.  The Great Escape (1963):  The Cast:  Steve McQueen, James Garner, Richard Attenborough, Charles Bronson, Donald Pleasence, James Coburn, David McCullin, and Leonard Nimoy.  Steve McQueen being chased with that Motorcycle.  You sit there and wonder if anyone will truly escape. 

16.  Cars (2006):  So many Pixar movies to chose from.  But this truly is my favorite on of them all.  (Well these and Ratatouille.)    I like that Lighting has to learn that it is not all about winning.

17.  Happy Gilmore (1996):  I like that the whole movie is about him playing golf so that he can win his Grandmother's house back.  Yes and that it is funny too.  Still do not understand when he looks into haven he sees Chubb's, the Alligator, and Abraham Lincoln.

18. Stoker Ace (1983):  Yes another Brett Reynolds movie.  Yes I know, it is no Grand Prix or Le Mans.  But it did have some help with NASCAR and it drives in the movie.  And who can not laugh at Brett driving a race car in a chicken suit, with the words, Fastest Chicken in the South on the side. 

19.  Arsenic and Old Lace (1944):  A great play that was turned into a movie.  And a great cast lead by Cary Grant.  I have seen the play as a teenage and used a scene from it in my drama class.

20.  Harry Potter Series (2001-2011):  Well I only read the last two books, reading the last first.  It was fun watching these kids grow up, in many ways.  Maybe J.K. will give us a look in the adult lives of the gang from Hogsworth.

There are so may I was thinking of after writing these down.  But I choice to stick with these 20 movies. Right now I have 1776 and Darby O'Gill and the Little People on DVR.    So the list could go on. 

Comments

  1. I remember going to your Mom's house and borrowing movies cuz she always had the best selection.....looks like you might take after her in more ways than one!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.