Ezra Taft Benson: This Nation Shall Endure

 I hope that no one thinks this is cheating, but I found this talk the other day that I would like to share.  It is from Ezra Taft Benson.  Ezra was the Thirteenth President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saint, or better known as the Mormons.  He also served as Secretary of Agriculture for President Dwight D  Eisenhower, from 1953 to 1961.  

This all came about from discussion I had with a few friends this weekend about the resent rulings from the Supreme Court.  And it got the point that we were talking about the LDS Church's statement about the rulings and Prop. 8 from California about same sex marriage.  I have always seen the church as the supporter of the government and the founding of this country.  Even though they do not agree with the courts ruling on Prop 8, the church still believe in the rule of law.

This speech also I feel goes with the celebration of the Fourth of July.  This was given at Brigham Young University on Dec 4, 1973.  So I hope you follow the link below and also enjoy this talk.
  Speeches

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.