My Grandparents are Coming!!!

As early as I can remember, I loved spending time with my Grandma and Grandpa Hatch.  My sister is jealous of this because, when I was 8 and she was 3, my Grandpa Hatch died. So I have more memory of him them she does.  But all those stories are for another day.

It the summer of 1974, and my sister birth was coming soon.  In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, the children of the church attend Primary, until they are 12 years old.  So one of the Sundays before my sisters birth, I was sitting in Primary singing and listening to the lesson being giving that day.  The person giving the Lesson that day was Vie Polk, or as I knew her, Aunt Vie (Not really my Aunt but a good friend of my moms). 

I don't really remember the detail of the lesson, Vie ask me a question.  The question was, "Billy, you will soon have a special person coming to you home.  Who is it?" With out giving it any thought, my response was,  "My Grandparents coming!"  My Aunt Vie looking at me like, no who else.  I was excited to see my Grandparents, but was not even thing about my sister being born. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.