Long Lasting Friends

While I was at dinner with my girlfriend last night, I talked to her about seeing all these pictures from high school online.  My 30th Class Reunion is coming up soon, and I still have not commented to going, because I do not know what my work schedule will be.  

Looking back to high school, it will be hard press to find any pictures with me with my friends in them.  I only went to my senior prom and that was it.  My best friend from high school I have not seen in almost 20 years and he probably does not want to talk to me.  The last person I have had contact with from that time is probably Lydia, and that was probably around the time my mother died and my marriage fell apart.  Speaking of my marriage ending, that end a lot of long friendships because they back my wife over me.  

I think back to my friend Andrew. who I have know since 3rd grade.  When I moved back to Tennessee for 9 months, Andrew was the only friend that wrote me during this time.  And all through High School, I gave Andrew a ride to school everyday.  But we graduate I don't see him until I saw him on Facebook.  But even Facebook really can't rebuild that old relationship.  

 In talking to my girlfriend, even through she is not the one to get things going, she does meet with two of he friends from high school at least once a year.  My best friend Del Mar, who I have known for 10 years, he still talks with friends he grew up with.  So what is wrong with me?  People know me, but they really don't know me.  

That being said, I am grateful for the friends I have.  If it weren't for the Dial Family, I would have not lasted the bad years of my life.  And I am also grateful for my mission friends that I have.  I just miss my friends form my youth,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.