Some Times the Local Places are the Best Places to Eat!

As I as surfing Facebook, I came across a post from a friend, who's daughter is in Seattle for a few days. She showed a picture of her food order from a place called Dick's.  I got to eat at Dick's last year, when I went on vacation with Del Mar and his family.  Dick's was good, and I do have to admit, that if I lived there I would eat there a lot.  But this got me thinking of Places that I eat at, that are not the big national chains, and when I travel this aresome of the best places to eat at.  These are not fancy places most of the time either, but the places were the locals eat at every day.  I will start with some places that are local.

Here in Mesa and the valley of the sun, we have a few, but these are some what my favorite.

I have to start this list out with Ned's Krazy Sub.  I have been eating at Ned's since they were located across the street from Reed Park.  Ned's does not do anything different than most, but I guess it is the freshness bread and meats.  I would choose Ned's over Subway any day, and I guess I do most of the time.

Pete's Fish and Chips has always been a family favorite.  I really don't like there fish, and that might just be me, but I have always loved there Chicken Nuggets.  There Monster Burgers taste interesting because of Pete's Special Sauce, and that comes with every order.  My favorite thing is to get a Monster Burger or Corn Dog and get Frings, onion rings and fries.

Lenny's is a really good Burger place here in Mesa.  The Burgers are nice and juicy, and made to order.  The fries are good, but I like to get the Chili Cheese fries.  I always come away with chili on my shirt.

When I go to Moab, Utah, the place to stop at is Milt's.  Milt's is not on the main street.  I don't have any favorites there.  It is just Hamburgers and hot dogs.  But the last three times I have left Moab, with out getting Milt's and I have not been happy about it.

Like I said above, I got a chance to go to Seattle with my friend Del Mar.  I have sat there for years, hearing him talk about places he loved to eat at there.  And last year I got to see if he was right.  We have already talked about Dick's, which is a hamburger joint.  Great Hamburgers and great home made fries.

Ivar's Fish and Chips, was the place that Del Mar always talked up.  I was lucky enough to eat it twice.  The first time that had it, they had over cooked it and was not that great.  The second time was perfect.  It tasted as good as anyplace that I had eaten at in Ireland.  I also got the New England Clam Chowder, and it was some of the best I have ever had.

Acropolis was the last place that we ate at in Seattle.  I had a roast beef sandwich and Del Mar had the pastrami.  He let me taste the pastrami sandwich, because, I had never had it before.  It was really good, and have not found a pastrami sandwich that has tasted as good as that one.

I will close in talking about my time in Ireland.  When I served my mission there in the late 1980's, there was not a lot of fast food places like we have here.  There were only 5 McDonald's in Ireland, a Wendy's and a Burger King, mostly all in Dublin.  So we found ourselves eating at the local chippies.  Most of the time these was just a hole in the wall place, but in some places they did have some nice ones.  They were mostly quick foods you could fry.  One of my favorite to get when I lived in Waterford was Fried Sausage and Chips. But in some places you could find a really good fish and chips.  I found a good one in Contarf in Dublin.  By day it was a fish market, but at night it was a chippie.  And the fish was so good and fresh.

I know there are some that will read this an agree with me.  Some will say, well why did you not add this one or that one.  Well it is because I probably have not eaten there, or it is not one of my favorites.  So this is the challenge to you.  Add to this blog some of you favorite Local places.  And maybe we all can eat some good fast food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.