Why Hollywood, Why?

Over the weekend I watched two movies that made we question why we let Hollywood make movies which are against our believes.  I am not just talking about my own Mormon believes, but basic religious morals.  I know it has been going on for a long time, and we have the choice of what we watch, but why do we continue to watch this crap?

The first one was Noah.  I am a big fan of Russell Crow, and I like a good action movie, but why could not Hollywood be true to the story of Noah.  Yes, the Movie did have Noah, an Ark, and the flood, but if that is all you know about Noah, then this was the movie for you.  Why could they not talk about him be a prophet, crying repentance unto the people.  Why could not all the sons be married?  And why do they have to make him out as a crazy man?  I have talked to several people about this movie and none has like what they saw.  I even heard in the theater, people saying openly that is not how it happened.  I came out of the movie going OK, good action movie, but it was not the Noah from the Bible.

The second was a movie that I wanted to see when it came out, but I did not have the money to see it at the time.  The Movie was Rush.  A Ron Howard movie.  The movie is about the formula One Championship of 1975, between James Hunt and Niki Lauda.   James Hunt is chasing World Champion Niki Lauda, with a new team and car.  Halfway through the season Laudu is involved in a very bad accident.  For most, this would be career ending, but he fights backs and races the last two races of the season.  I will not give away what happens.  But Rush is one of the best racing movies I have seen since Le Mans and Grand Prix.

But as I say that, I did have a problem with it.  There was nudity in it.  And my question to Ron Howard, is why? Could he have told use that James Hunt was a womanizer with out showing naked breast?  Or that Niki had married the girl he had meet leaving a party, with out showing her swimming topless on there honeymoon.  He could have filmed both with out the nudity.  And would this movie still been an R with out the nudity?  I loved the story and I know a lot of racers and race fans loved it, but why have it.  It did not have to be in the movie, it was the action.

I will not compromise my standards again, to watch a movie.  I will look closer at the rating and if they have any nudity, then I will not go.   I will wait to see Rush again, when is on t.v. edited

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.