A Year of Blogging

Here I sit thinking that it was just a year ago that I was trying to decide what I wanted my first blog to be about.  I sat there thinking why am I doing this.  Do I want to do it, to become a better writer.  To I need to get up what is in my head, because it causes me some pain at times.  And as I look back there is a lot of pain in many blogs.  I was at such a low point, that it came out in a blog and with in 30 minutes I had a phone call checking up on me.  I am grateful from for a bunch of friends and priesthood leaders looking after me at that time.

There has been some fun.  There was the trip to Seattle with Del Mar and his family.  The Tie of the Day is a fun thing for me, because I do have a lot of different ties.  I have never got a negative reaction from a tie I wore.  The vacation thread, I thought it would work, but all it did was bring up memories of my mom or my ex-wife ( who I guess forgot that we did have some fun on a lot of trips).   I would sit at the computer and think why do I want to talk about the good times we had, when she doesn't.  So I had to kill the topic.

One of the biggest events of my life was my mission.  For me Ireland was a fun and exciting place, but it was a hard mission.  I have a special bond with many of the people I served with.  I made a lot of good friends while I was there, of members, of people I meet, of companions and other missionaries.  I found the work very hard at times and have had many demons to work through.  Thanks for my friends Gary and Girlfriend Heidi for helping me through some of the things that happened there.

Another big thing in my life was racing.  Did it for about 6 or 7 years.  drove three different cars on 5 different tracks and in two different states.  I have told you most of the story, but there is a chapter or two still to tell.  I still love racing and if I was in shape and had the means I would do it some more.

Two things have surprised me in writing this blog.  One was that someone found strength in what I had written.  I do not see me as that good of a writer and most of these is me getting my demons out.  The second was the hate message I got.  I thought I was being nice not naming an names in the blog.  I guess I should have.  Maybe I will get more hate messages in the next year, and I will not censor them!

What will you see in the next year?  I will finish up the racing years.  I will still do the goofy Tie of the Day.  I will share more of my opinions on things.  I am a political animal and I have been sleeping too long.  My views my surprise some on both sides.  You will see more about Genealogy, a passion of mine since I was 25.  I hope that my blog may help someone.  And more religion or religious post.  Religion is another topic I find very interesting and I think that I am on a interesting journey with my faith.  And will there be a marriage in the next year?

I do not know what the year will bring me.  I hope to have more peace in my life.  A big thanks goes out to Gary.  He was one of the people I asked about what I should do, and he said blog.  He has been there when I have need to ask if I should publish something or not.  He always leaves it up to me.

So I hope you have enjoyed reading and continue to do so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.