Ten Commandments 1956

Wednesday I had the opportunity to go see one of my favorite old movies, The Ten Commandments.  Back in 2012, around Christmas time, I went and saw another Classic, "It's a Wonderful Life" on the big screen.  One of my dreams, was to open up a theater that would on at least on one screen, would show these old classics that we get to see now, maybe once a year, and some times hard to find on DVD.  The movies started and 7, and we were greeted with overture music.

Then this click below was the intro to the movie.



All of those years watching this on the television, and I did not know that there was an intro.  It was good to see that the film makers took great care in trying to tell the story.  And you get the since through the whole movie that this is not just Moses trying to find himself, but to understand his place in life.

As I set there reading the opening credits I learned something that I had never noticed before.  The role of Moses wife, Sephora, was played by Yvonne De Carlo.  I grew up loving her in the Munsters and the movie McLintock.  But I was not the only one who was surprised by the cast.  I heard one person remarked that they did not know Vincent Price was in the movie.

At about 10:45 that night I felt good about seeing this show on the big screen.  But I was sad that there was just a few of us there to see it that night.  It had already played twice during the week, so maybe more did see this great movie.  I do not know if ABC played it this year or not.  I have not had regular t.v. for almost 6 months.

Again, if you truly get to go see one of the classics in a theater, go and do it.  That is how they were meant to be seen.  And I still wonder what it would have been like if Mose was made Pharaoh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.