The Special Club

I was on Facebook earlier today when I came across a post on one of the Mission Groups I belong to.  The topic was who has children serving missions and where are they serving?  For me this is a depressing topic, because in the 21 years of marriage, I never got the chance to become a father.  Don't take me wrong, I love to hear how my friends and there families are.

A few years ago, I was sitting in a Priesthood Meeting, when the Elders quorum president was teaching the lesson that day.  He talked that how once you have children of your own, you are closer to God.  To my this meant that I would never be able to get close to God at all.  Why was I denied this special blessing. 

It is hard to be in a group of friends and they start asking about your family, and you have to say that you do not have any children.  I have friends now that have children that are married, some of there kids are on missions, and some of my friends are now becoming grandparents.  So I have been left behind again. 

My friend Randall, says that I should not give up on my dream.  That I could still have a family.  I don't know about that.  But I would love to be a member of this special club. 

Comments

  1. I really believe one day you will be a dad to some very special kids! prepare yourself....it's not for sissys....and there were some days I wanted to quit. Have faith....you have no idea what is waiting for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.