Walter Mitty 2

Was at my dad's for Father's Day, and we were watching "Walter Mitty" on one of the movie channels.  Walter Mitty is this character who always dreamed of doing great things but never did them.  I always thought of myself of some what a Walter Mitty, but as I look back at my life I can see some pretty amazing things that I have done.

This is part two.  Part one was my life until the age of 21.  So now we will see what I have done since then.
  • Got a job working at Mesa Community College Bookstore.  Worked there for about two months.  Next job was with Kieth Riggs Plumbing.  Worked there a year before being laid off.  Went on to work for General Plumbing in the warehouse.  Worked there for 17 years, until I was laid off.  Really loved working there, except for a few in the management.  Was hard to lose that job.
  • Was elected as a Republican Precinct Committeeman for about ten years.  From 1998 to 2000 I was the Third Vice Chair for the district. 
  • Got a call one night in 1997, from a lady in my ward, asking  if I would come and sing, and be part of a musical, "Promise Valley."  I was a Pioneer and and Indian.  We did three performances.  I was shocked that after all had ended I was invited to try out for other stuff, but never did.  That is something that I have never told anyone, or ever written down. 
  • After the death of my Grandmother, we set up an LLC (Limited Liability  Company) called Eaglegate, to handle the management of the apartments.  In 2004 the Apartments were sold.  
  • In 2000 I started racing car in The Sports Car Club of America.  I raced three different cars, two different divisions.  I did win a few races, driving a VW Golf.  I finish 4th in one division, driving a Mazda Rx7, and 2nd in another division, driving the VW. 
  • Started a Softball team called "The Unkowns" with John Webster.  I was the money guy, John was the coach and the talent scout.  It took us two seasons, but we were city champions in 2003 in division D.  We moved up all the way up to division B and all the way back down to division D by the time it all ended.  We played in several Memorial Day tournaments up in Show Low, playing in both D and C divisions up there.  We came close to a 5th place finish in D division our last year playing up there.  Played with a lot of great guys and really miss this time. 
  • One season we decided to play winter league.  On the coldest night of the year, I was scheduled to pitch.  Could not have predicted that this would be probably the best game I would ever pitch.  Only aloud one run that night.  Would go in and put on my hitting gloves and come out and start pitching with them on.  One Player would always protest, and I would take them off, but it did not matter.  I was dead on that night. 
  • After almost 20 years, I graduated college with a Degree in Political Science from Arizona State University.  
  • In 2010 I revived Eaglegate LLC to start a new company.  My dad had designed a bell housing conversion kit that mated a Triumph motor to a Toyota 5 speed transmission.  We also made and sold other parts and for a little while car wheels.  Was able to develop some skills running this business.  We had sales from all over the world.  The Bell Housing kit was sold all over the United States and Canada.  To other countries, Spain, Italy, Norway, Finland, and Australia.  But in the summer of 2014 we were forced to close our doors.
  • Started working at Us Airways on Oct 20, 2014.  Really like it.  Always wanted to work in the travel industry.  Soon to be the New American!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.