The Tie of the Day: July 12

The Tie of the Day

July 12th

The Crayola Tie

I normally wear this tie around the start of a new school year.  But yesterday I wore it in Honor of my friend Daniel Hatch.  Daniel died July 3.  I had know Daniel since he was a kid, hanging around my sister.  I knew his sisters from school and even served in the same mission as his oldest brother.   Daniel was like a little brother, and I guess at one time, he did live with my parents for a time.   


Me and Daniel would have some lively debates over the years about politics, both of us have degrees in Political Science, but our most lively debates were about gay marriage.  At times there were some heated things said, but there was never a time that it was not followed up with a sorry of hurt feeling.  I know that he was celebrating the Supreme Court ruling that week, and I don't know if he and Tony ever got married, though I did not support gay marriage, I ways supportive of my adopted brother.

I have some great memories of Daniel.  Our impromptu concert at my Grandmothers funeral, in the hospital with my mom, the last day she was live, to the phone calls, the offer of maybe getting in the business of politics, and the lunch we had a few years ago on the other side of town.

I was texting with one of Daniels sisters last week, and all she could say, to me, was how much my mother loved Daniel, and how she meet him again with open arms.  I know he also was reunited with a sister as well.  

I was not able to attend his funeral because of work.  It was not a good day to be stuck at work, knowing I could not really say my goodbyes.  So This small token of me wear this tie, is in Honor in Him.  My Friend and my Brother.  Till me meet again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.