Diiner with Gary

Monday night I got to spend some time with my good friend from my mission, Gary.  It is always fun to catch up and enjoy a good meal.  When we left the restaurant we had been there for 3 hours.  Most of the conversation about the mission and Ireland.  It is funny that we still have the yearning to go back to that wonderful place.  He has more memories of people than I do, and I wonder if some even remember me.  I don't know how I survived as a missionary.  I spent most of my time observing than talking. 

Gary helped me point out one of my fails.  I always feel that I should be liked by everyone, and it really bothers me when I am not.  And in saying that I treat everyone as a friend when they really may not be at all.  So I do get my feeling hurt really easily at times, but don't really tell anyone.  I need to do better at letting things go, and not let it affect me like it does.

We did notice that since our missions, there has not really been a Martin Reunion.  I have been in contact with a few from that time, and have gone to see Mike Butterfield play a few times.  But really do not know what has happened with a few people.  We don't know where or when to have it.  But It would be fun to catch up again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.