Utah Trip Part 2

This formation is called the Monitor and the Merrimack, named after the two ironclad ships of the Civil War.  This is off on the right as you drive up the road to Dead Horse Point and Canyonlands National Park.


So the Indians have decided to take back some of there land.  No this is a campground right at the turn out for Dead Horse Point and Canyonlands National Park.  I guess this is the new area for growth.  Also right at the turn off for the parks, there are building a Dinosaur Museum.  Think it opens next year.

The La Sar Mountains as I am leaving Moab.  I wonder if there was any snow added that day.  A lot of the dirt roads were still closed.
 The Monticello Temple.  It seems like every time I take of Picture of this Temple it is on Sunday.  One of the first small Temples that the LDS Church (Mormons) build in the late 90's.  Think this is probably the best picture I have ever taken of the Monticello Temple.
 If you can see the formation in the middle, that is Mexican Hat.  This area is just North of Monument Valley  on the San Juan River.  I have always found this area so interesting.

 The Southern road into Monument Valley.  You have this big huge remnants of a volcano to the right.  Me and my sister are debating if there are three or four of this giants in the area.  I say four, but she does have the degree in this stuff.  I just have a few classes.

If you look at the picture above this one, you will notice this is on the left side of the road.  It is always interesting to look at this formation at different angles.  From this angle it looks like one of the classical master artist, unfinished masterpiece.   Others may see other things.

The weather was not good on my last day of travel.  I had planned on making a few more stops , but it was just raining to hard in those areas and not safe to pull of the the side of the road.  Well I guess that is an excuse for another road trip.  I do have a lot of time off in October and November.

I am always amazed at what I see of my travels of Arizona.  Many think of this place as just sand and cactus, with a very big hole in the ground.  But there is true beauty from every corner.  I love South Eastern Utah.  So many different things to see and do there.  Again, every time I go up there, I find something new, and always tell myself I am going to a new place every time.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.