Two dates to mark on the calender of Life.

These have been two very interesting days.  Yesterday, was the end of a 21 year marriage.  Today is the anniversary of me being laid off of a job that I loved.  And that is interesting that I use the word love here.

My Job at General Plumbing was not a job that most people wanted.  I had seen people come and go, who just could not hack, working in the warehouse.  We were the lowest paid people in the company and at times did some pretty nasty jobs.  But all in all, I really loved it there.  I like all the people that I worked with except one, and most of the time got along with the plumbers.  I think if the economy would not have gone bad in the housing market I would still be there today.  But it did and on January 30, 2009, I was laid off.  I was not mad.  I saw the company grow and slow almost die.   But I am grateful for my time there.

I am not happy to end my marriage.  I would have stuck it out no matter what.  But times change and people change.  I don't know if I will marry again.  But if I do, I hope it is just as long or longer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.