Bucket List

My T.V. in the computer room gave up the ghost last Sunday, so since then I have been listening to my play list from ITunes or what I can get on IHeart Radio.  A song came up on my play list by Toby Kieth called, "My List."  In it he starts naming off the things he needs to get done for the day, like go to the bank, the hardware store, and fix the cellar door.  Then he moves on to a list of things that we sometimes forget to do every day, like go for a walk or say a pray, or just take a breath of mountain air.  He goes on to say just start living and raising a little hell.

I have also come across some people talk about bucket list.  I was on Facebook, and some friends that are living in Europe right now, have been doing some touring.  They have been posting pictures of Paris, Germany and Austria.  This is where I see one of there friends make the comment that they will have to add that to there bucket list.  And I have heard my dad talk about that, about a recent trip he took with his new wife through the west, a few months ago.  Now, I will have to admit that I did know my dad had a bucket list, but it was not of things to do, but of cars he would like to own.

I guess for me this a lot like goal setting.  I for one am not one to set any goals what so ever.  I did have a goal to get a degree, which I have, but that is about it.  I have really never sat down and but pin to paper a list of things I would like to do, see or accomplish.  And boy, with my life as it is right now, I probably need to sit down and write down some goals. But this made me wonder if I really had a bucket list or not.  So here are some thing that I have had in my mind that I have always wanted to do.

Skydiving:  I have always want to go skydiving.  And here is the funny thing.  I do not know if this anything to do with this topic, but I am afraid of climbing ladders or being on roofs.  I can go on scare fair rides (OK some do scare me, that I will not go on) And I can be in a bucket in the air, but get me on a ladder and my knees turn to jelly.

Driving in the 24 hours of Daytona:  This goes back to my racing days and this is one of the world class road racing events.  I do not think I could drive the faster Daytona Prototype Cars, but I could drive a GT car.  This would require me to get back into some what shape.  And back into racing again.

Travel:  One of the places that has been on my list for a very long time is Germany.  I was born there, but then my dad was out of the Air Force 3 months later and we were back in the states.  So I got to live in Germany for 3 months of my life.  But I have always wanted to see where I was born.  Ireland is still in my heart, and if I could, I would find a country house outside of Limerick  to live in.  England and Scotland.  Always want to go to Australia and New Zealand.  And finally Italy and Egypt.  Always wanted to see the pyramids.

Well that is about it.  I really don't have a want for a lot.  And I am pretty lucky that I have gotten to experience a lot of stuff already.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.