Emotional T.V.

Last night was some what an emotional night for me, and some of you it might find it silly.  There were two programs on t.v. last night that made the emotions flow of not have my mother here.  One was the Amazing Race and the other was Pete's Dragon. 

You are probably asking why does the Amazing Race, bring back so much emotion.  Well, this was the only reality type show that my mom liked.  We would watch the first episode and then call each other to find out who we like and did not like, and who we thought would win.  Then after that is was calling each other did you see that or what did you think about the team that was emlimited that night.  We called each other with in seconds of an episode ending.  We also did this with Lost.  So the last few seasons of the Amazing Race have been hard, because she is not there to call.  It was our show.  There is no one there to call to ask if they just saw that...

Growing up, my mom was very talented at playing the piano, the organ, the flute, and the guitar, even though I do not remember her ever playing the guitar, it was always in the house.  At one time she was the ward organist.  She would even played for people singing in church, most of the time for Max Mortonson.  But I remember my mom playing the piano from time to time.  She loved musicals and Disney movies.  Pete's Dragon combined both of these.  In the 1990's she got a job working for Arizona State University, working as the receptionist for Public Events.  This meant that she worked for the people the brought in the shows to Gammage and Sun Devil Stadium.  So she would get to talk and and meet a lot of interesting people over the years.  But this also got her into all of the shows that played there.  As family these was great because some times we got to go to shows for free or we got the tickets at a very cheap price.  I am very grateful because I got to see a lot of great shows and was able to go with a few friends as well.  The last two shows that I saw with our friends the Dials, was Young Frankstien and Shrek.  Then she got sick went into the hospital and died.  I miss not going to the shows anymore, but I do have shows like Pete's Dragon and the Music Man, to remind me of the great love of the theater that my mom shared with me.


I know it is silly to get all emotional about t.v. shows, but they bring back the memory of my mother.

Comments

  1. Ok, I'll confess, this brought tears to my eyes!! I miss your Mom soooooo much and I can only imagine the void you feel, especially now that you are alone, and how comforting it would be to have your Momma close by!! Trust me, she's looking out for you, right from heaven above!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.