What would you do if you won multi-millions?

As I watch as the lotteries these days reach into the 100 of millions of dollars from time to time , me and my friend Del Mar ask ourselves what we would do if we won the lottery.  These days the minimum drawing for the Powerball a each week starts out at $20 million.  So if you were to take the money and run that is still over $10 million.  So for this, I ask what would you do with $10 million?
Here is my list.

First off, it would be to pay off the debt.  I have two credit card debts that I would love to pay off.  It all started with college, but when I lost my job and before starting up Eaglegate, I used the credit cards to pay the bills and for food.  Next would to pay off the house.  Then to fix the pool, paint the house, and the electrical, and finally the landscaping for the front yard that I always wanted.

Next would be to take care of Kim.  Even thou are marriage is almost to the end, I would get her a new car.  Maybe even send her off on an Alaskan Cruise.  Help out her mom and sisters.  I would take care of all of my nieces and nephews college plans. I would set up a fund that would be for the care of my nephew Jensen.  We do not know what is going to happen with him when he becomes and adult, and if need be, the money would be there for his care.  I guess I would offer to buy a house for my sister in Colorado Springs.

I think a million would have to go and build up Eaglegate.  One thing would be to move the business out of my father's house.  I would get a large enough building that we could work on cars, but also store my dad's cars there as well.  It would also go into development of new products for Eaglegate.

I would give a million to Del Mar.  But I would also pay off his debt for both him and his wives college loans, as well, as his doctor bills.  I would also help out his brother Nick who also has a lot of doctor bills as well.  And help out his dad Dallas.  Del Mar Jr.'s mission would be paid for, would have to think about college.

In the next year I have two reunions to go to.  I would help out with the funding for the High Reunion.  There is also is a reunion in Ireland for missionaries that served there.  I would offer to help out anyone that wanted to go.  Pay of airfare and hotel cost in Dublin.  This would also include Orson Holt who leaves just around the corner from me.  I know he has not been back since his mission.

I think a million would have go to charities.  One would a cancer fund.  Another would be for Autism. 

I would go  out and buy myself a truck with 4 wheel drive.  I would spend some time traveling around Arizona, because there is a lot of places I have not been to yet or have not been to since I was child.  There is also a lot of place I would love to go to in Utah as well.  I have not been to Zion's National Park since I was 14.  My only travel companion would be my camera.  I would also go back to Ireland, and maybe look at a place to buy?  And go to German, a place I have not been to since I was 3 months old.

Beside the truck, I think I would like a Porsche Panamera.  I like the look, and it is a sporty 4 door.  I would also like to restore my 1989 Mazda RX-7 Convertible.  It needs a new fuel pump, the whole fuel system need to be flushed out, needs the electrical gone through, a new top, new seats, and a paint job.

What ever would be left over would go into the bank.

Well that is my list.  What do you think?  To much or to little?  What would you do with all that money?

Comments

  1. Very generous. I don't know that I would give that much away. I think I would figure out what it would take to make enough interest to keep me living in my current salary, and invest enough to get that. What ever was left over, I would gift an equal amount to family (no jealousy beyond me winning muh hahaha). Pay for a couple of missions, a couple of cruises, couple of college tuitions. I would throw a big BBQ for all my friends. then I would tell everyone that I blew all the money, betting on RED in roulette in Vegas... so they'd think I was broke again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, you are the second person that said I was very generous, but that is truly how I feel. But I hear you about lying about have any money left. Where will always be some one that well want a hand out, with the deserve one or not. I wish I had that money now, so I could give some to the families of the 19 firefighter that had lost there lives yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.