The Hallway of Tears.

Here I sit at 1 in the morning and can not sleep.  I have had a hard time sleeping the past year.  With going through my wife of 21 years leaving, I have been through a meany a  restless night.  The funny thing is that here I am in what I have called the computer room, and the only way out is through the hallway.  And the walls are full of 21 years of memories.  I call it the Hallway of Tears.

The picture to the right is of the Close family sometime before 2000.  I look at this picture now and it is missing three people from it.  My mom, who died of cancer just bearly two years ago.  My Brother-in-law, in which there marriage fell apart just right after my moms death and them moving to Texas.  And the final piece of the puzzle, my wife.  This was way before my mom was sick.  We would have family dinners together, and sometimes family vacation.  My, my sister, and my dad were together for his wedding on March 22.  And this last Tuesday, it was, me, my wife, my dad and my brother-in-law getting together to see our 8 year old nephew, who is spending the summer with his dad.  I do not know if anyone of us from this picture will all be in one place at the same time.

There are other pictures up there as well.  The picture of my and my wife with my grandmother at our wedding.  She so happy for me, and really enjoyed my wife.  There are also pictures of her family.

The pictures of the many vacations we took are the hard ones to look at.  The are reminder of fun times, and make me wonder were did all that fun go.  Did we leave a little piece of it where ever we went?  Did we use up all our fun tickets?  I just don't know and at time do not really understand why.  A friend of mine tells me I should take all of them down and pack them away.  But then I feel like I am losing everything by doing that.  I would have am empty hallway.

But now it is almost 3.  The only lights on in the house are the T.V. and the light in the hallway.  The light that I do not turn off until I turn into the bedroom.  So once more I head down the Hallway of Tears.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.