The Rough Times of Racing! The RX-7 Accident No. 2!

Fall came and I was back out with a repaired car.  We were still working on Alex's car so he was my crew until we got his built.  It turned out that again we were the last race off the day.  Practice and qualifying went good.  But as we broke for lunch, the clouds started rolling in.  By the third race of the day it was raining.  Dad had brought some wheels and tires that he was going to try to sale that day and we put those tires on.  Windshield wipers who needs them on a race car right, well we needed some now.  Well we settled for some rain-x.  Why we are trying to prepare the car for wet running, I am watching this guy across from us with a Porsche 914, who had slicks on do nothing to prepare his car.  I was in a different class by in the same race with me.

Our race came up and had stopped rain, but was still sprinkling.  The rain-x was doing it job.  We went out and took our warm up lap, and prepared for the start.  We took the green and made it down the straight to turn one OK.  The track was slick, but with change in tires, I did have a little grip.  made it around the track to the very technical tower turn.  As I rounded the corner, I see  the Porsche spinning in the middle of the track.  What to do.  I chose to follow our friend Jerry England in his Honda CRX and watch Jerry make it by.  But as I started to go into the small lane that I had, the Porsche caught my right finder.  I was able to back up and continue.  Because there was cars all over the front straight the pulled us into the pits.  Dad looked at car and said it was fine to continue the race.  The same finder that we had just repaired, was now damaged again.  The Porsche did not fair well, because it was totaled in the accident.  Finish the race but do not remember where I placed.  All I knew was that I had another repair to make.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.