Should we not know there name as well?

In my reading of the Book of Mormon, I have come across something that I have always wondered about.  No, this is nothing that is going to shake the foundation of the church or cause me to leave the church.  But as I have been reading about Lehi's family, I have come across one thing that bothers me.  We know that Lehi's wife's name is Sariah, but that is it. In 1 Nephi 16 Lehi sons finally marry, and in verse 7, Nephi takes a wife.  But what was her name.  Then in 2 Nephi 5:6 we find this out:

Wherefore, it came to pass that I, Nephi, did take my family, and also aZoram and his family, and Sam, mine elder brother and his family, and Jacob and Joseph, my younger brethren, and also my sisters, and all those who would go with me. And all those who would go with me were those who believed in the bwarnings and the revelations of God; wherefore, they did hearken unto my words.

Nephi had sisters.  Why did it take 2 Nephi 5 to learn this.  Have I always read the first part of 1 Nephi wrong.  Why do they not talk about the sister?  I am not bothered that they do not name them, but not to say they were there from the beginning bothers me.

These got me thinking.  I guess you could call me somewhat of a genealogist.  I have been doing it since I was 25.  But the hardest lines to research at times, are the moms or daughters lines.  And I think this is because things have almost always past down from father to son.  That it was understood that the husband and his family would take care of the wife, or the sons take care of there mothers.  So a lot of times you will just find the wife's name with no maiden name.  


So should we not know there names?  In Biblical since, no.  But for the Genealogist in me, I would have liked to known.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.