Doudting my Talents

Mesa, Arizona Temple Dec 17, 2015
Took this picture of the Arizona Temple Christmas Light last night, sometime 5:30 and 6:00.  I have always been taking pictures since I was a kid.  At 16 I took a Photography in high school and had classes the next 2 years.  I would get into class so early, and head to the dark room, that by the time my teacher would see me, he would say, "Oh I did not think you were here today."

I was at home sitting here, getting all my stuff ready to go, and decided to not take the tripod last night.  Well, that was not the right choice, but I still got this stunning picture last night.  I was amazed at all of the people there that were there with tripods waiting for the perfect picture.  

I have a lot beautiful pictures that would be postcard or book worthy, but I really doubt my skill all the time.  My ex wife would always take my camera and take great shots.  She was really good and could see the beauty of the sky, of animals, or of people.  I love taking pictures of things. And I would look at her stuff and feel not worthy.  

I think what gets me down, is that not every picture turns out the way I see it.  I get very discouraged when I take about 20 pictures and only one or two are up to my quality or standard.  Maybe my standards is too high.  That is way I hate take pictures of people.  Well, and the edit time is really a killer, and sometimes I just don't have the focus.

I am lucky though that I did have a Bishop that did see my talent for what is was worth.  He called me to be the Ward Photographer.  My first job was to take pictures of all the families in the ward so they could be upload on the Ward's Website.  I would also take pictures at all the Ward activities, and was able to turn them into videos.  This was great way to do service.



I am my own worst critic.  I need to learn how to see the beauty in every picture.  I Need to accept that everyone will not turn out perfect like the one above. That I am good photographer and not perfect.

Comments

  1. I love your work....keep at it and you'll keep getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.