Thanksgiving 2015

Thanksgiving was an interesting day for me this year.  It was the first time I have every worked on the day, and had to figure out what I was going to do, with my best friend not being in town and my dad moving to Chino Valley.  One of my roommates offered to have me over to her parents house, as well one of my ex sister-in-laws also invited me over.  Not the ideal way I wanted to spend my Thanksgiving.

Work was slow and quiet.  Not a lot of people there.  Because I have  been in training for the Elite Desk, they took us out of training for the holiday and put us on the phones, just answering basic international calls.  Lunch was catered by Boston Market, and was good.  After a few houses of work I was released to leave. 

Off to dinner number two at my roommates parents house.  It was not to awkward, because her parents are friends of my Dad and Bert.  Food was good.  Pork sausage wrapped in bacon is to die for!!!

Off to dinner number three at my ex sister-in-laws.  I really did not want to go to this, because there were some of my ex wife's family that I did not want to see, and was hoping getting over there later, they would not be there.  I arrived and was warmly welcomed.  started to eat my third dinner, but just could not finish it.  Put everything in a to go box, and came away with four to go boxes.  

Spent a few hours there, interacting with my nieces and nephew.  Had not had this much interact with them in a few months.   Only got to see Ashley, the oldest, for just a few minutes as she dashed in and out picking up food.  But spent most of the time interacting with my niece Alyssa, who is in Junior High.  Very talented young lady who is so funny.  Left there about 10 that night.  
Alyssa marked me, just like Andy in Toy Story

My Thanksgiving ended at 10pm.  I was finally home.  Spent the day with good friends and family.  Really miss spending it with my family, with my sister living clear across the country.  But it was a good day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.