The Passing of a Generation

This week I got the sad news that my great uncle Clarence Ramsay had die.  I did not know my uncle Clarence very well, other than he was my grandmothers only brother, a twin, a farmer, and when I went on my mission in 1988, he sold a calf to help pay for it.  But I hardly saw him except at family reunions and funerals.

I did get to meet with him, this past August, when he was down in Arizona.  He wanted to come down and visit here one last time.  We had a family gathering at Mattta's, and meet with cousins I have not seen in years or even ever.  I got to talk to Uncle Clarence for just a brief moment, but I was surprised that at 90 year young, he remembered coming down for my farewell. 

With his death, this is the end of a generation.  All of my grandmothers siblings are now gone.  I still have a lot of my grandmothers journals and pictures, berried deep in storage.  Looking back on those pictures before, they are memories of my grandmothers and my moms generation, and many are not labels and hard at times to know who is in them.  One day I hope to get them out, and go over with other family member and be able to know who is in the pictures.

I also hope to continue to have contact with all of my Ramsay cousins.  With that generation gone, it seems harder and harder to get together.  I hope we do not forget are since of family that I always got from my grandmother, and my aunts and uncle. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.