No Church

Sitting in church today, I realized that in about a month, I might not be able to come to church or this ward for a while.  The reason I say this is because of work.  I found out about a week ago that when I would have to bid for my hours at work that there was only on shift that had a weekend day on it, and that shift was they only one had the whole weekend off.   I also found out that when it comes to seniority for the new hire (and that is for both day and night classes) that I am the low man on the totem pole.  So, that mean I get to bid last for hours.  I know that my chance to get the weekend bid is close to none, so I put it as my 4 or 5 choice.  The hours I am going for have a Monday, Tuesday off, but there is an off chance that I may get a shift that will start early in the morning and end sometime in the afternoon.  If that happens, then there is no chance of me going to church.

My wards new meeting time will change to the afternoon.  This means that I will have to go to a different ward anyway, but that is OK.  At least I get to still go to church.  But the thought of not going to church at all really make me feel really sad.


Note:  I started writing this around the last part of  November.  Since that time, I have been going to the early morning ward that meets in the same building of my ward.  I think this is a reflection of what my faith really means to me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.