The Beginning

So you are sitting here, reading this and asking yourself, what is this all about?  Well, for a while now, I have been thinking about writing done some of my thought on things.  I in no way see myself as a writer, but I have heard from people that it is good to write things down.  Why not a journal, like most people?  Well, I have a journal that I started as a teenager.  I am 43 now, and I have only written on 60 some odd pages.  60 pages to sum up my life so far, and they in no way cover the big events in my life.

So why Underground Car Guy?  Well, I have grown around cars all my life.  My dad was proud that he brought me home in a 356 Porsche.  But my dad was a car guy since he was 14.  When we lived in Tennessee, my dad ate and breathed Porsche's, Jags, and Sunbeam Tigers.  He also brought his first race car than.  In 1978 we moved to Arizona, where, my dad found himself in car heaven.  VW's, Alfa Romeo's, Fiat's, TVR's and yes Porsche's from time to time.  But he also built AC Cobra kit cars for 3 years, until he sold the business.  He was good at figuring out how these cars worked and was good enough to do private jobs in the back yard.  On any given day, there was something different back there.  I could come home and there could be anything from a Bentley, Rolls, to a Ferrari back there.  My sister got a big kick out of dad dropping her off in a old Rolls Royce.  These days dad has moved on to Triumph's.  

But Growing up around cars does not mean that I work on cars.  And here is the kicker.  I am the owner of a company that put a 5 speed Toyota Transmission into the old Triumph TR's.  I do know little bit, but growing up around a dad, that likes to work on cars, and when you come to him with a problem, 99 percent of the time he does all the work.  I have help build three race cars and torn one completely apart.  So I am not the guy to come to for advice about your car.  I always refer to my dad.

So I guess what I am really saying is, if you are coming here to look for advice on cars, this is not the place.  But I will talk about them from time to time, but no technical stuff.

Comments

  1. I came here just to see how you are doing. You're a good writer! When I read this post it brought back a lot of memories for me too! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.