Prayer for Me!


A few years ago I was dating a girl that liked to pray before we ended our calls at night.  We would trade off nights saying the prayers.  At one point she asked if I could shorten my prayers.  My prayers were so long because I was praying for all of the people that were important in my life.  

Tonight, I was texting a girl I have been talking to for the past month.  She is really busy with work and her kids and is taking online course for college.  I had not talked to over a week so, to get a text from her was great.  I told her that I had been praying for her, and her reply was, you shouldn't.  Why?  I am still waiting for a reply.

I have only been really praying regularly just the past few years.  I have always had a hard time praying, and asking for help from  God has not always been easy, and I am not grateful for many things.  I know that sounds bad, but that is just me.  (Really can I be grateful for a goods night sleep, when I am up and down 2 or 3 times and only get a combined 5 hours a night.) But praying for others has not been a problem. 

Recently I was told by a leader that God would not answer my prayers because I did not obey all the commandments.  But what about faith, does not faith count for anything when we pray?  Maybe my prayers are about being able to live that commandment again in my life.  Will not God help me with this?  Religion can be so confusing at times.

So I continue to pray.  Pray as I always have.  Not asking for much help, only being grateful for a little, and mainly praying for others.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.