One of the First Soap Opera's Ever Recorded, Revisited

I still find it interesting what I find in reading the Bible, that parts of stories are left out.  As I posted before the story of Jacob and Esau, I was happy to see that there is somewhat a happy ending to the story.

We read in Genesis 31, Jacob moves his large family to Canaan.  The problem is, this is where Esau is living.  So in Genesis 32, Jacob prays to God , that he may be preserved from being killed by his brother.

But as we learn in Genesis 33, Jacob has no need to worry.

Genesis 33: 1-7

1 And Jacob lifted up his eyes, and looked, and, behold, Esau came, and with him four hundred men. And he divided the children unto Leah, and unto Rachel, and unto the two handmaids.

 2 And he put the handmaids and their children foremost, and Leah and her children after, and Rachel and Joseph hinder most.

 3 And he passed over before them, and bowed himself to the ground seven times, until he came near to his brother.

 4 And Esau ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck, and kissed him: and they wept.

 5 And he lifted up his eyes, and saw the women and the children; and said, Who are those with thee? And he said, The children which God hath graciously given thy servant.

 6 Then the handmaidens came near, they and their children, and they bowed themselves.

 7 And Leah also with her children came near, and bowed themselves: and after came Joseph near and Rachel, and they bowed themselves.

So we see that Esau is happy to see his brother again.  And that there is a happy reunion.


I think back to how many times I said I wanted to Kill my sister, but didn't.  But then again, by sister never tricked me out of a brother right or blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.