Failing at Business

One thing that I regret is that Eaglegate LLC is not more successful.  When me and my dad set up the company in 2010, he gave it all to me, which I did not agree with at all.  It was his idea, his designs, but I had one hundred percent responsibility for it.  And I never had total control of how the company was run.

The first year we did really well.  2011 was a good year.  2012 produced about the same sells as 2011, and 2013 has been a mess, and we will be $10,000 under what we made in 2010.

My dad has always controlled the directs of this business, where my ideas were very different, and did not count.  In 2010 we start selling wheels as part of the business.  The wheels made up a third of the total sells for the company.  I loved selling the wheels, because it gave us another big ticket product to sell and that we were not just limited to the Triumphs on this one.  But when we went back to by more wheels for the company the next year, they had changed there price structure, and my dad thought he was being cheated out of money some how.  I reworked the numbers and figured out how we could sell them for a cheap price and still make a profit, but this was not good enough for my dad, and he killed the deal.  We still did better then the year before, but we would have done a lot better with the wheels.

Another road block has also been some of our vendors, many our machine shop.  I really never like how the machine shop was run.  I liked the guys who had the business, but they never could promise to have our products  completed on time.  And I am not talking about be late a day or two, but weeks.  They never would live up to a schedule.  Also when we spent the time getting permission from another company to make there product they made the parts wrong, and never tried to make them right.  It has taken my dad now to realize that he needs a new machine shop, when I have been saying that for the past 2 years.

My dad has never saw this as a business, but a hobby.  So for him he does not see the real valve of the business.   When I need to borrow some money from him, he wanted all of his money back really fast.  This killed the business, because it made it hard for me to live on the money that was left and to buy stock.  So when we had to buy more bell housing, he did not feel there was enough interest in the company.  It took me almost three months to convince him that people still wanted to buy what we had to offer.  But by that time it was to late for me finically.  And I have lost everything.  And he is talking like that again, even though we have a lot of people asking about our product.  I am working on a sale to some guys in New Zealand right now, but he does not know about that one.  And again sales are not happening because the Machine shop has not delivered parts, and will not until the end of January.

I had some other ideas, about making money with this business, but it really does not matter, because my dad will not listen to me anyway.  Until I can take control of the company and have the funding not come from him, I have to bit my tongue.  And watch something I really love go down in flames.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.