Missing out on a pay check.

I found out last night that I could have had a Job that pays $70,000 a year and I really did not know about it. You ask, how do you not know about something like that.  Well it is a long story.

About 2 years ago, I was at my dad's house working on some stuff for the business that we have and Bert, his then girlfriend, came in and said that she had a job lead.  Gave me a number and a name, and that was it.  At the time I was not really looking for a job.  I was working on the business that I had with my father. So I never followed up on the lead and she never ask me about it.

My dad has always looked at our business as a hobby.  I have always looked at it as a business that has room to grow.  We even have a business license and tax numbers.  My dad put the company in my name, but from day one it has been his baby.  I can give him Ideas about suppliers and the direction of the company, but it is up to him to listen.  You can guess what happens most of the time.

Also when ever there is a sell or something that needs to be shipped, he wants me to drop everything I am doing and do it right now, when the job could be done later.  I built a pretty good website, but he chooses to call me up and take credit card info and shipping info, when that could all be done online.

At one point I was going to get help with work and training, from my church.  I went to him and ask his opinion on it and his reaction was that I would only have the weekends to work on the business.  I even fasted and prayed about what to do and got the feeling I should stay where I was at.

So my wife was going over and doing house cleaning for him and he told her about the job.  She knew more about the job them I ever did.  It was working for a company in Tempe and I would be handling there shipping for them, and that is it.  I guess that they were holding the job for me and that I was to go in for an interview.  I was never told all of this.  If I would have know someone was holding a job for me, I would have jumped on it.  But I was just given a name and number.

Now that I am in trouble with my money, this is held over my head.  Not just by my soon to be ex-wife, but by my father as well.  I just do not know what to say.  I had no idea about the job.  I have had other tell me about jobs and talk like it was a sure thing and then I go and jump through all the hoops to apply, and then hear nothing back.

I have always been told that we learn from our mistakes.  but for me, it seems like some people will never let me forget them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.