What will the future hold?

The last few days I have been talking to people and they have been telling that I should be single and dating again.  One even asked if I thought I would every be married again.  I  have been separated now for 8 long months.  I really do not know what the future will hold.  But it scares me to get back into the dating seen again after 20 some odd years.

As a teenager I did not really date much.  My first real date was not until I was 17.  I did go to my Senior Prom, and I did date a wonderful girl after high school and before my mission.  But I just did not think girls like me in the way of dating or loving you.  I did have one girl that I truly loved for a while during this time and when the time came that I wanted to be boyfriend and girlfriend, she said no.  I was the guy that was always caught in the friend zone.  If there was someone who did have a crush on me I had no idea.  OK, I did have one idea, but they would never tell me who it was.  But I don't want you to feel to bad for me, because I did reject one girl, and it was because I was scared how everyone would think.

The night of graduation was full of parting. We went to a dance till midnight, then off to Golfland for more fun.  There with my friend Derek we hooked up with two girls, one being, Darcy who I had know from 3rd grade.  We had fun.  We went out for breakfast after Golfland.  We dated for a month after that, and then it just kind of faded away.  I got my mission call in September of that same year, and a few weeks later I get a call from Darcy.  We went out that night to Golfland and then drive a round and talked.  This was the night of my first kiss (yes first kiss at 19).  We dated until I went on my mission.  The funny thing is, this whole time my parents did not meet Darcy until the night of my farewell.  There was no asking her to wait, even though those two months were great.  She did write me from time to time and I think she got married around the time I got home.

I got home from my mission right before Halloween of 1990.  From  there I went to dances and was active in the Single Ward.  I even went to some of the activities.  One activity that I went on was a snow camping trip.  We stayed at a cabin in Pinedale, AZ.  It was a lot of fun but did not get any dates out of it.  I did have a friend that said, hey I know this girl who is nice, would you like to date her and, I said yes.  Our first date was Feb. 2 and went to see the Robin William film "Awakings".  A few weeks later was Valentines Day.  I had asked her out to the dance and it went OK.  But I felt like our mutual friend was getting in the way.  I was feeling it was all over, but she came back to the car and gave me a kiss.  A few weeks later I knew that she was the one I should marry, and a few months later we were married.  And that lasted for 21 years.

So here I set not knowing what the future holds.  I hope that I don't have to go through the dating thing again.  I don't know if I can handle the rejections, or the heart ack.  But then again we do not know what the future holds.

Comments

  1. My oh my!! You will be stronger and more confident as time goes by. I got divorced after being married 25 yrs. and thought I would die! Your Mom held me up many days and nights! I sure loved her and miss her and wish she was there to hold you up too, but I am here, and I will hold you up if you need it. But, you need to get back out there and give it another try. You have no idea who's out there waiting for you right around the next corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nice story.I'm glad that "nice girl" went back 2 give u a kiss because then I met you via my sister Kim.Kim married a nice guy.My ex-husband was an abusive alcoholic so my 1st marriage was a nightmare.To elaborate, I kept wishing for a Knight in Shining Armor to rescue me but the Mesa Police Department did instead & wondered why my sister Kim has a sweet husband and mine was mean & physically abusive.So I never thought I'd remarry either and did a second time to someone that doesn't drink "beer".You'll have a fun future Bill.From your sis-in-law :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.