So who is this Underground Car Guy

So, I see that people are somewhat reading what I have written.  But some of you do not know who I am.  So here is a little bit about me.

My name is Bill.  I was born in Weisbaden, Germany in 1969.  My dad was in the Air Force and got out about 3 months after I was born.  My dad moved use to Tennessee, where my sister was born.  We moved to Arizona in 1978 after the death of my grandfather.

I went to Mesa High School and graduated in 1988.  If you want to know more about my high school years, you can read my posting, "If I could turn back time."

I served a Mormon (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) mission from 1988 to 1990.  I served in the Ireland Dublin Mission.  I guess you could that I am a practicing member of the church.

I married my wife in June of 1991.  We were married for 21 years before we separated.  I have 3 nieces and 2 nephews.

I attended Mesa Community College, were I transferred over to Arizona State University.  This was not my first choice for college.  I wanted to go to Brigham Young University and get a degree in Political Science.  While on my mission.  I decided that while in high school, I had taken Architecture classes and thought that was the career for me.  So I decided to change to ASU.  While at MCC I failed Psychics twice, so I decided to ditch Architecture and study Political Science.  So in 2008, I received my degree in Political Science at ASU.

For 17 years, I worked for two plumbing companies in there warehouse.  I would have been there longer if the new housing market had not crashed.  I now have my own company that I started with my father in 2010.  We help old Triumph TR's stay on the road, by making a conversion kit, that mates a Triumph motor to a Toyota W58 transmission.  We also make other parts for both the Triumph's and the Toyota transmission.

For 7 years I raced cars as a hobby.  It started out as me and my brother-in-law Alex racing twin Mazda RX-7's.  We both help my dad build our cars.   We race in the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA)  I went on to race a VW Golf, and a Porsche 944.  In 2005, while driving the VW Golf, I finished second in the Region overall in Improved Tour B.

About the same time I got into the playing softball.  Here in Arizona we can play year round and all season we did that.  But most of the time we played just 3 of the 4 seasons.  With having a family company back then (Not the same one now)  we had a sponsor.  My team was "The Unknowns".  We started off in D league and one a championship there.  Over the time we  made it as high a B League.  We also played in Tournaments up in Showlow.  We would play in either C or D Divisions up there.  The best we did was 6th in D.  A big thank you for all that ever played for my team.  I had a great time.

We this is just a little bit about me.  But overtime you will learn more about me.  And thanks for taking the time to read.

Comments

  1. I love your blog! Great therapy for the soul. I already know a lot about you, but now I even know more! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.