Cars From Our Past

Last weekend was kind of an interesting weekend for me.  I have grown up around cars all my life, and with my dad moving to Chino Valley, I don't get my daily or week dose of car stuff like I use too.  So I kind of geeked out when I saw two cars last weekend.  

On Saturday, I was out doing on of my weekly walks in the neighborhood, when I looked over and saw a AC Cobra in a garage.   The Cobra has a special place in my heart.  When we moved to Arizona, in 1978, my dad started up a company called Unique Motorcars, in which he build Cobra Kit cars.  One of the things he got with selling the company was 2 kits.  I think he sold one, but we had one in the our garage until we moved back to Tennessee in December of 1983.  I look at what Unique Motorcars now, and know that it all started with my dad.  There version of the history is a little off, but I can understand that, but I am glad that they do say it started with my dad.  Oh, the one in the neighborhood is the classic blue, though I prefer red.

On Sunday we were preparing to start my liquid diet in a few days, when were we driving through a grocery store parking lot, and I looked over and saw the rear end of a car that looked out of place in a grocery store parking lot.  I told my girlfriend to go around and thought I saw a green colored Lancia Scorpion or a Lotus Europa.  As we drove past, and I saw the name plate Pantara.  I have not seen a Pantara for ever.  Though my dad never owned one or none of the collectors he worked for ever had one that I remember him working on, I know at one time there was a lot of Pantaras in the Valley.  

So I guess this blogs shows that I am truly an Underground Car Guy, because this is really the first blog that I have really writing about cars.  Yes, I have talked about racing them and being in a business that provide parts from them, but never once have I written about my like our experience with cars.  So He is the first of maybe many more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.