Meeting up with an Old Companion

Me and Adam Calrke with the Kids of Southill 1989.
This last vacation to Ventura, I got to meet up with my 2nd companion on my mission to Ireland.  He found out, on the day we were leaving, that we were just down they way from where he lives, and said if we come back again to give him a call and we could meet up.  So when I found out when we were going to Ventura, I texted him.  

Me and Adam Clarke, Ventura July 24,2018
It had been 29 years since I last saw Adam on the mission.  In missionary terms, I killed him off.  So we talked about the mission.  He wanted to know what the mission was like under President Martin.  Who I served with once he left.  I told him what it was like when he and Elder Carrigan left that day to go home.  You see, we were in a four man flat (apartment), and we were all together for four months. So when Adam and Carrigan left with Carrigan's parents, me and Elder Hunsaker, kind of sat there and said, now what do we do.  We had done so much in Limerick together that it was hard to see them leave.  

I also reminded him of the time, we were going to a members house and there was these stairs, and I said I think I can ride down them.  He tried to talk me out of it.  But I tried and failed.  I was lucky I did not kill myself that day or break anything.  Adam just stood there and laughed at me.

Adam and Myra Clarke, Ventura July 24,2018
It was great to see him and his wife, and share all the great memories of that time in Limerick.  He taught me a lot of good things while I was there.  I know there were times I did not have the best attitude about serving a mission, but he never gave up on me.   I hope one day in the future we can get all four of us together and we can talk about our P-Day adventure, and Bob the Dog.  And I hope to see Adam and his wife on future trips to Ventura.

Comments

  1. Thanks for letting me crash toy reunion. It was so fun to hear all the stories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.